Symdaddy Humour

This is where Symdaddy let's the funny side out for an airing.
(Symdaddy is George Turnbull. Sym is my border collie, of which I am the 'daddy')
Pictures (borrowed) with captions of my own making, the occasional video (if I can work out how to use the camera) and maybe a link or two to someone else's take on what's funny.

I hope you like it!

Thursday 10 March 2011

A Walk In Pontcanna Fields

Look hard! There's a pup in there somewhere.

I had a phone call this morning (9-3-11). It was my daughter.

‘Thinking of going for a walk around Pontcanna Fields and Bute Park this morning, mum' she said. 
'Weathers fine and the dogs will enjoy a splash in the river. Do you want to come'?’ 
So we all agreed to meet at the Cathedral Road entrance. 

Children in pushchairs, dogs on leads and off we went. It was a lovely time; the dogs behaved in typical lab manner at Blackweir (in the river) and then we strolled around Bute Park where both children and dogs could play in amongst the trees.

Once over the bridge at Sophia Gardens, on the return journey, the children went back into pushchairs and dogs called to heel and then, as you carry along the path, there’s access down to the river again. So as we neared it the dogs were released and being Labs ... yep! You’ve got it ... went full pelt into the river again. 

My son in law decided to throw a stick for the dogs and, each time he threw it out into the river, Molly would swim out to fetch it while my cissy Mac stayed near the shallows. But after a few throws, he worked out that when my son in law threw the stick and Molly brought it back, he could wade into the shallows, take the stick off her and proudly carry it back to my son in law as if he’d done all the work ..
A male letting the female do all the work as usual!!!

Julie Williams 
(Julieann)

No comments:

Post a Comment