Symdaddy Humour

This is where Symdaddy let's the funny side out for an airing.
(Symdaddy is George Turnbull. Sym is my border collie, of which I am the 'daddy')
Pictures (borrowed) with captions of my own making, the occasional video (if I can work out how to use the camera) and maybe a link or two to someone else's take on what's funny.

I hope you like it!

Thursday 10 March 2011

Peppa - A Cautionary Tale

We all know the dangers of using plastic netting in the garden and the need to check for trapped wildlife.

Well this morning could have been Peppa's last if not for my penknife.

Whilst practising off-lead heel Peppa followed a smell through barbed wire into a newly created woodland garden.


Peppa
So I did the norm - stood where she left me and whistled. I heard her returning but she didn't arrive so I stomp off to the wire, where I can see Peppa struggling.

As I got closer I saw that her paws were wrapped in black plastic net. The entire fence line had 4" square black plastic netting behind the barbed wire!

I set about untangling my errant hound only to realise it was not only round her paws but also tightly round her neck. She was being choked as she struggled.

Luckily I carry a penknife, along with the mobile phone and poop bags. So I was quickly able to cut the netting from her neck and then untangle the rest of her.

This done, I still needed to retrieve her from the garden.  I spotted a gate further down the fence - padlocked and too high for Peppa to jump, although she did try, bless her. She finally forced her way through the barbed wire and was once more untangled from the netting.

Peppa is one very lucky dog. If I hadn't gone to yell at her for not returning and just waited where I was this could have had a very different ending. Thankfully Peppa escaped without a scratch, which is more than can be said for me - I have a barbed wire slash along the base of my thumb!

Please all be aware of the danger plastic netting can pose to your dog.

Audrey






(Poundies link)

No comments:

Post a Comment