Symdaddy Humour

This is where Symdaddy let's the funny side out for an airing.
(Symdaddy is George Turnbull. Sym is my border collie, of which I am the 'daddy')
Pictures (borrowed) with captions of my own making, the occasional video (if I can work out how to use the camera) and maybe a link or two to someone else's take on what's funny.

I hope you like it!

Monday 18 April 2011

Jackson: September 30, October 01 2010



Thursday pm (30 September 2010)

A much better day.

I have been perky after P(eter)&D(aphne) decided that using an ice pack (well, frozen peas) would help. I can't see why they used peas and not frozen mince I could have saved them taking it back to the freezer. It certainly seems to have improved things and I was very patient and just lay there (see picture)


They have taken me out twice today and I have to say its great to be outside and playing. I have managed to break a stick - it was hard to to the old way of holding it down with my front paws and pulling. Wasn't allowed to go far but feels great to be out in the fresh air and Peter's getting quite good at camera angles and shadows so that I look my best:

Like my mates I love chewing sticks

Tomorrow stitches out - P&D are not looking forward to getting me in to see Dai Leg Thief so they hope I've forgotten - fat chance of that. Still D will feel sorry for me when we get home - so will get a special treat if I look sad enough (I'm good at that). Roll on Saturday.

P is talking of bringing me to the Hailey Bridge thingy on Sunday but doesn't want me to go too far and the weather might not help so we'll just have to see.

Jackson

...................................................................................................

Friday afternoon (01 October 2010)

Well the stitches are out and 'Dai Leg Thief' was very pleased with me said how well I'd done - if it hadn't been for you I thought I wouldn't have had to "do well" at all. However, HE was very good and I just lay there wagging my tail as he removed the stitches - mind you, he did give me a couple of bikkies that helped smooth things along.

Thanks for the advice Maggie! When I got home I put on my saddest face and D was going for one of the biggest treats when P said "Don't be fooled he didn't feel a thing - wagged his tail all the time", so no treat.  Well you find out who your mates are, don't you?

P made up a bit - he took me out in the rain this afternoon and let me go in a PUDDLE. 

Wow! I'd forgotten just how much fun going in puddles can be. 

It wasn't very muddy though, so it wasn't the sort of puddle I like best, but still great.

I suppose now I'm getting back to just being 'Jackson' again so I won't bore those that haven't already been bored and I'll just post updates every week or so - except for me getting into the car. 

I just leap in - even the 4x4 (whatever that is - am I now a 3x3?) is no problem P&D were quite amazed and  I just know I'm going for "walkies" again. 
If they had a stretch limo I could have a minibar with dog food and water bowls - some even have a hot tub I understand, how much fun would that be!

Thanks all for your interest it has helped a lot certain P&D have been encouraged that so many care its just down hard work now.

I was reading about Clover (Symdaddy's Four Paws dog) and feel really sad for her. She has had it hard all her life up until now. 

Although what happened to me is sad, in a way, at least in my life both before and after Fourpaws, I have been happy and contented and well cared for. That shows in everything I do. 

No animal has problems coping when they grow up feeling understood and wanted. Poor Clover didn't seem to have that - I am sad for her and hope she becomes happy and settled.

Jackson

2 comments:

  1. Jackson you are one special boy, That sense of humour has had me laughing out loud. so glad things are on the up

    ReplyDelete
  2. good boy Jack - glad you and Dai the leg thief are on better terms again

    ReplyDelete