Symdaddy Humour

This is where Symdaddy let's the funny side out for an airing.
(Symdaddy is George Turnbull. Sym is my border collie, of which I am the 'daddy')
Pictures (borrowed) with captions of my own making, the occasional video (if I can work out how to use the camera) and maybe a link or two to someone else's take on what's funny.

I hope you like it!

Saturday 9 April 2011

Jackson: September 26, 2010



Sunday pm (September 26, 2010)

I am really getting into things again now. Tyson, Peter & I went on a joint walk yesterday afternoon and this morning. 

It is quite exhausting though and 10 minute bursts are enough - I come back quite tired. 

This hopping seems to take a lot more out of me than the old way. I am lucky as very nearby we have a place with big areas of mown grass (as I shouldn't be there I can't tell you what it is used for) which helps take the shock of my front leg when it thumps down.

Unless I find a big tree cocking my leg up is difficult. With the big tree I can sort of balance with the cocked leg leaning in the tree I suppose it looks weird (P - yes it does). Tyson is a pain - keeps shoving a stick at me to wind me up - I reacted like I used to at first but found turning in tight circles caused me to lose balance; now I let him get on with it. At least now we can go out together its easier on P&D as they don't have to walk us in shifts.

Nearly everything I could do before I can do now - but my "trademark" high 5 is out I think. Good that Lablover has got another daffy lab to carry on the tradition.

I hope my progress has replaced any sadness with cheeriness - sorry for blurring last week; everyone that had fuzzy screens then please be happy for me now. 

The bruising has now nearly disappeared and the stitches appear to be doing their job well. Some dog hair restorer to cover the bald bit would help stop people saying "Aw poor thing" - it looks a lot worse than it is really. Given the amount of dog hairs I seem to generate normally (D calls me a fur factory) that should come soon. I have just seen "Beautiful Bridget" in her sweater / jumper perhaps I sould get Judith to knit me one. Think the yellow is a bit attention-seeking for me but it certainly suits B (who is beautiful but smaaaaall).

I bounce around the house , greet everybody I know with a vigorous tail wag, yes I now feel back to my happy old self. This afternoon I even barked to frighten a stranger who came to the door (that seems my job as Tyson is a bit of a wimp). I intend to enjoy life while I can - you never know what the future may hold. (P&D: our fingers and toes are crossed about that). As soon as I get permission to go haring off I'll get my fitness back - promise.

Thanks for all the interest & kind thoughts; you have all been marvellous I know you helped to P&D through a difficult time early last week. I'll keep posting any interesting pictures of my progress.

HAPPY Jackson

1 comment:

  1. A great BIG pat on the back ( or a nice scratch behind your ears ) for being such a brave boy, you're doing soooooo well you'd put some hoomans to shame

    ReplyDelete