Symdaddy Humour

This is where Symdaddy let's the funny side out for an airing.
(Symdaddy is George Turnbull. Sym is my border collie, of which I am the 'daddy')
Pictures (borrowed) with captions of my own making, the occasional video (if I can work out how to use the camera) and maybe a link or two to someone else's take on what's funny.

I hope you like it!

Thursday 5 May 2011

Exciting News - Congratulations Kirsty

Some of you will know that we recently nominated Kirsty for the Dogs Trust Honours 'Dogs Best Friend' award. We felt that it was a perfect way of recognising all that she does for the poundies and other dogs in difficult situations

Today, I got this email from Dogs Trust to say that Kirsty has been short-listed and is one of five nominations going to a celebrity panel to decide the winner Congratulations Kirsty, no-one could deserve it more





"Hello,

I’m writing from the charity Dogs Trust as you nominated Kirsty Thomas for our Dogs Trust Honours, Dogs’ Best Friend award. I’m delighted to let you know that Kirsty has been shortlisted as a finalist in the category and her story, along with four others, will be sent to our celebrity judging panel that will make their decisions in the next two weeks. The winners will be announced shortly after this. So huge congratulations to Kirsty!

At Dogs Trust we like to run publicity for our shortlisted finalists across all categories. We would ordinarily send these releases to the local media so we’ll be hoping to send a press release detailing Kirsty’s story of Four Paws to the S. Wales newspapers, radio and local television news.

There are few things I will need from you!

Kirsty’s contact details so I can make sure she’s happy to be involved with publicity and also let her know she’s been shortlisted as a finalist!
I also need Kirsty to write a few words in response so I can put her quote in our press release
Finally I need to ask Kirsty to send me some photographs of her and a dog that I can attach to the press release

If Kirsty wins the Dogs’ Best Friend award, then she and guests [including dogs!] will be invited to the awards ceremony that will be held at Haberdashers Hall, Smithfield, London on 3rd June. More information on the event will of course be passed on if she were to win.

If you’ve any questions please do call me.

Thank you very much and thank you once again for nominating Kirsty."

No comments:

Post a Comment